[MITgcm-support] Poor cpu usage percentage

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 08:59:50 EDT 2015

Wild guesses again:

(1) If your macbook has solid state disk vs hard disk on your iMac, it could still be an IO problem.
Look at tail end of STDOUT.0000 to see the timings and find out which component of MITgcm
are slower on iMac vs macbook.

(2) Your compilation options or compilers differ.  Look at your Makefile in build directory to see
whether you are using same compiler and optimization options.