[MITgcm-support] generate a stable current field

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Mon Jul 13 22:59:50 EDT 2015

Hi Pu,

I just want to add one thing:
You could take a look at verification/exp4 (see README file there)
which provides a simple example of the use of pkg/obcs
(without pkg/exf, pkg/cal) with no other forcing than the OBC
at Western & Eastern boundary (+ a gausian bump in the middle of
the channel). It's often easier to start from a working set-up
and to make it evolves step by step rather than starting from nothing.
However, note that few selected parameters (e.g., nonHydrostatic=.TRUE.,
or time-varying OBC:
# for time dependent open boundary conditions, activate the following 3 lines:
in parameter file "data") are not strickly necessary
but just there to test more features.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel