[MITgcm-support] old & new sea ice model

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Jul 1 02:45:53 EDT 2015

Hi Manfredi,

A few things have changed (again) in the sea ice model since 2013 and you should make sure that:
1. your SEAICE_OPTIONS.h file is more or less up to date (I would start from pkg/seaice/SEAICE_OPTION.h and make the modifications that you have made in your old SEAICE_OPTIONS.h)
2. you include the appropriate files in your darwin code. I can’t be more specific if you don’t provide more detailed information about the code, but I suspect it has to do with the splitting of SEAICE.h in to several header files: SEAICE.h, SEAICE_SIZE.h, SEAICE_PARAMS.h; you’ll have to include SEAICE_SIZE.h whereever you have SEAICE.h

Martin