[MITgcm-support] Forcing dataset check

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Jul 1 02:40:28 EDT 2015

Hi Tobia,

where does this file come from? I assume one of the tutorials? I think the purpose of this file is to illustrate how you can generate forcing yourself.

As far as I know, the daSilva forcing data set is totally outdated (should be available at some data center like <http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu>), and you should go looking for something that suits you better and write your own matlab/python/whatever script to create the appropriate input files (ieee-big endian unblocked, so that they can be opened in fortran with direct access) for the problem that you want to work on.

Martin