[MITgcm-support] 1D optimisation / optimization

Nicholas Rogan nrogan at geomar.de
Fri Jan 30 10:21:48 EST 2015

Sorry, I should add that for now I’m happy to ignore advection, but would like vertical transport and diffusive fluxes to be active. I adapted from the 1D ice column verification scripts so there is some external forcing running. I tried to disable this but it flashed up with some errors I didn’t understand when trying to run. I have closed boundaries and 9 tracers which are all active in the DIC package.

My list of packages at compile time is here:

ptracers
gchem
dic
generic_advdiff
gmredi
mdsio
mom_fluxform
mom_vecinv
sbo
timeave
rw
monitor
cd_code
mnc
diagnostics
#seaice
#exf
#cal
#gfd
mom_common
debug
kpp
seaice
exf

And at runtime I specify:

 &PACKAGES
  useGMRedi=.TRUE.,
  usePTRACERS=.TRUE.,
  useKPP    = .TRUE.,
#  useCAL    = .FALSE.,
  useEXF    = .TRUE.,
  useSEAICE = .FALSE.,
  useDiagnostics = .TRUE.,
#  useECCO   = .TRUE.,
  useGrdchk = .FALSE.,
  useMNC    = .TRUE.,
  useGCHEM  = .TRUE.,
 &

Sorry for omitting this first time round!

Nick