[MITgcm-support] output after certain time

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Jan 28 07:20:17 EST 2015

Hi Maarten,

this feature is not implemented within the output stream that you control by either dumpFreq or taveFreq, but there is a magic flag combination within the diagnostics package. So once you have set up your output streams via the diagnostics packages (something that I would recommend anyway, because it is so convenient), you can set:

# average over 20min intervals
 frequency(1) = 1200.,
# alternatively write snapshots every 20min
 frequency(1) = 1200.,
# but start only after “timePhase” (=3days) has passed
 timePhase(4) = 259200.,

Martin