[MITgcm-support] Lev spacing and bottom depth

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Jan 15 11:25:06 EST 2015

Hi Marco,

not sure if this is what you mean: your bathymetry H in some points equals the sum of your delR?

The model assumes “solid ground” below the domain, so that a topography/bathymetry can co-incides with the bottom of the domain. If you don’t specify any bathymetry, then the model assumes that the bottom of the domain is the (solid) sea floor. The boundary condtions are the same for this case, but their implementation is different from boundaries inside the domain because we now have to deal with a value at Nr+1 which does not exist in the arrays.

Martin