[MITgcm-support] how to balance the flow flux during preprocessing

liutongya13 at mails.ucas.ac.cn liutongya13 at mails.ucas.ac.cn
Sat Jan 3 22:30:33 EST 2015

Hi all,
I am running a experiment wiht open boundary conditons and have read many previous emails about the obcs. In these emails I realised that I should do something to balance the flow flux during preprocessing in order to avoid large or small SSH. But how to do it? Just magnify or minish the entire U(W&E) or V(N&S) of a boundary ? Is there some feasible methods to balance the flow flux?I wonder the balance that just change a component of velocity will affect the model result.

In my case, there are three boundaries(E,S,N). The NEC flow into the field from eastern boundary and Kuroshio flow out of the field from the north boundary. If I use the OBCS_balance, how should I set these parameter?

Any avdice is high appreciated!

Tongya Liu