[MITgcm-support] changing number of processors

Jonny Williams Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 10:45:06 EST 2015

Hi eveyrone

I'm trying to run my regional model on 480 processors, up from a
successfully working 48 procesor version.

I have recompiled my code.

To do this (in SIZE.h) I reduced sNy by a factor of 10 and increased nPy by
a factor of ten so that nPx*nPy was increased by a factor of 10, which I
think is the total number of processors.

The executable was created fine and the model does run but the data I am
getting out in my NetCDF files (mnc package) is all NaNs.

Has anyone encountered this type of issue or know how to fix it?

Is there a maximum number of processors?

Many thanks

Jonny

--
Dr Jonny Williams