[MITgcm-support] Script for computing CFL conditions

Ryan Abernathey ryan.abernathey at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 09:18:40 EST 2015

Hi Habib,

MITgcm automatically computes the CFL for you as part of the monitor
statistics.

$ grep advcfl STDOUT.0000
(PID.TID 0000.0001) %MON advcfl_uvel_max              =
1.1796518160724E-01
(PID.TID 0000.0001) %MON advcfl_vvel_max              =
7.8377125552173E-02
(PID.TID 0000.0001) %MON advcfl_wvel_max              =
3.8263958212481E+00
(PID.TID 0000.0001) %MON advcfl_W_hf_max              =
1.8899738930714E+00

Cheers,
Ryan