[MITgcm-support] Error using outputs as initial conditions

Peng Zhan peng.zhan at kaust.edu.sa
Thu Aug 6 09:18:24 EDT 2015

Dear MITgcm users,

I am using MITgcm temperature outputs (T.0000003600.data) as an initial
condition (defined in data, &PARM05) for the same model.

However, an error from STDERR file shows that T.0000003600.data is not
consistent with the mask-file.
"(PID.TID 0603.0001) *** ERROR ***  INI_THETA: found         3 wet grid-pts
with theta=0 identically.
(PID.TID 0603.0001) *** ERROR ***  If this is intentional, you need to set
checkIniTemp=.false. in "data", namelist PARM05"

I have located these wet grid points with theta=0, which are all on the
bottom of open boundary (by modifying the ini_theta.F to give the points'
coordinates in that tile).

I was wondering why does the model fail to recognize the output written by
itself?
It seems the model uses different mask-files between checking the initial
conditions and writing the output. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Peng

--

this email.