[MITgcm-support] Plume on a slope time step

Daniel Iván Garduño Ruíz dan_y at ciencias.unam.mx
Wed Apr 15 23:44:21 EDT 2015

Hi, I'm a little confused with the time step of the plume on a slope
experiment. In the  data file there is a line which sets the time step
equal to 20s (deltaT=20.0). There is another line which sets total number
of time steps, and I made it equal to 12000 (nTimesSteps=12000). When I ran
the experiment I get 40 output files of horizontal velocity and other
variables ordered like this:
U.0000000000.001.001
U.0000000300.001.001
U.0000000600.002.001
U.0000000900.002.001
U.0000001200.002.001
U.0000012000.002.001

I think that this means that I'm obtaining the velocity files every 300
time steps. Those this means that the actual time step between every file
is the time step times the number of time steps between the files (i.e
20*300=6000)?
Is there a way to set the number of output files different from 40?

cheers,

Daniel.