[MITgcm-support] Keeping track of the amount of tracer removed by sponge layers

Dan Jones dcjones.work at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 04:18:22 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I am using the rbcs package to implement a tracer-absorbing sponge layer in
both (i.) the northern edge of my Southern Ocean model domain and (ii.) in
the top 150 m.

Does anyone know of a good way to keep track of the amount of tracer
removed at each grid cell by the sponge layers?  Ideally, I'd like to use
the diagnostics package for consistency with my other output, but I didn't
see an obvious choice in the available diagnostics log.

Thanks,
Dan

Dr Dan Jones
British Antarctic Survey, NERC