[MITgcm-support] MITgcm running, function has no implicit type

Tudino, Tobia tt282 at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Apr 6 13:53:45 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I am just trying to run the MITgcm at global scale.
After the ‘make depends’ and the ‘make’ commands, I have the following error that I cannot understand.

gfortran -fconvert=big-endian -Wunused -Wuninitialized  -O3 -ftree-vectorize -funroll-loops -c diagnostics_status_error.f
diagnostics_status_error.f:2055.30:

      IF ( diagName.EQ.blkName ) THEN
                              1
Error: Symbol 'blkname' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
diagnostics_status_error.f:2058.42:

     &     ', pkgStatus=',  diag_pkgStatus, ' : ', errMsg
                                          1
Error: Symbol 'diag_pkgstatus' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type

It seems that the fortran compiler cannot read these functions.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Tobia

Tobia Tudino
tt282 at exeter.ac.uk<mailto:tt282 at exeter.ac.uk>
PhD Student
Geography
College of Life and Environmental Science
Skype: tobia.tudino