[MITgcm-support] One of the Meta files is missing?

Michael Schaferkotter (Contractor) michael.schaferkotter.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Mon Sep 29 12:01:58 EDT 2014

On 9/29/14 10:53 AM, Clark Yan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm doing a parallel simulation. Among the output files, the "S.
> 0000129600.006.004.data" is there but "S. 0000129600.006.004.meta" is
> missing; as a result, I cannot read the salinity in the corresponding
> locations. How can I fix this problem? Erase everying and restart my
> simulation from scratch and try again? Looking forward to any help,
> thanks in advance.
>
> Thanks,
> Clark

clark.

the meta file is an ascii file.

look at one that is close in time. copy it to the name of the missing
one and change the timeStepNumber, though
it looks like you are using tiles, so i/m guessing the method will work.
i haven't used tiles in a long time.

here/s Eta.0000000000.meta
  nDims = [   2 ];
  dimList = [