[MITgcm-support] tidal forcing and wind forcing

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 08:36:29 EDT 2014

Hi Himansu, I don't know why EXP_1 and EXP_2 are the same in your experiments.
Would you be able to use more well-tested MITgcm methods of applying tidal forcing,
i.e., using open boundary horizontal velocity for small regional domains or surface
atmospheric pressure forcing for larger domains, or does your particular problem
require that tidal forcing be applied as a body force everywhere?

Dimitris Menemenlis