[MITgcm-support] Forcing files in data.dic (biogeochemistry)

Jonny Williams Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Sep 4 05:19:52 EDT 2014

Hi everyone

I just thought that I would update this thread to let you know that I have
found a solution to my persistent problem of the DIC variable diverging in
my version of the MITgcm.

Basically it was to do with sharp changes in bathymetry. Limiting the ocean
depth to 3km globally has fixed this issue which is great for now but is
clearly not a long term solution.

What is not at all clear to me however is why the DIC variable was being
affected but none of the other biogeochemical variables (alkalinity, PO4,
DOP and O2) were.

Does anyone have any ideas about why this might be?

Many thanks!

Jonny

jonny.williams at bristol.ac.uk
bit.ly/jonnywilliams