[MITgcm-support] Continuous decrease of sea surface height in model results

Christopher L. P. Wolfe christopher.wolfe at stonybrook.edu
Tue Sep 2 12:51:53 EDT 2014

There are also the logically flags “balanceEmPmR” and “balanceSaltClimRelax” that go in PARM01 of the data name list. One should be a bit careful with this, because the precip + runoff into your region is likely unbalanced in reality. If you can figure out exactly what the unbalanced freshwater input is you can modify the normal velocity on the open boundaries to account for this. You couldn’t do this with the balance package on, though.

Christopher