[MITgcm-support] Darwin nutrient flux file units

SL Simmons Sl.Simmons at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Sep 2 07:41:11 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm currently working on adding two additional darwin nutrient fluxes to
the MITgcm, by creating and adding a darwin_PO4_fluxfile and
darwin_NO3_fluxfile. I am getting nutrient outputs (showing that the files
are being read in and processed) though the concentration of nutrients in
the ocean are much higher than I was expecting after a 10 year run. The
nutrient flux file concentration in my forcing file is in µmol/s/m2. Does
anyone know if this is correct unit?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Sarah-Louise