[MITgcm-support] the value of the density in the SHELFICEloadAnomaly File in data. shelfice

刘成彦 killy at nuist.edu.cn
Sun Oct 12 09:38:12 EDT 2014

Dear all,
   I found that so many symbols in my last email are disturbed by the system, so I should rewrite this email for a better explanation for my question.
According to the manual in the section 6.6.3.2, I need to make a file for the SHELFICEloadAnomalyFile in data.shelfice. Now I was confused for the densities expressed in the manual. Following the description in section 6.6.3.4, the e.q. (6.56), denotes that,
P_top=P_a+g*Rho_star*dz
Here, P_top is the pressure above the water colume, P_a is the pressure of the atmosphere. Rho_star is defined as,
a density profile, that is constant in time and corresponds to the sea-water replaced by ice
Here I can not figure out what is the meaning of this density,
and how can I get the value of this density (Rho_star)?
Dose it means the density of the ice shelf, or something else?

Thank you for any suggestions!

Cheers

Liu

Dr. Chengyan Liu