[MITgcm-support] SSS restoring in selected regions

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Thu Oct 2 10:22:59 EDT 2014

Hi,

I forgot to mention something about lambdaThetaFile/lambdaSaltFile:
It seems that the way it has been implemented, to use lambdaSaltFile,
you will still need to specify,
a) if not using pkg/exf ALLOW_CLIMSST_RELAXATION :
  tauSaltClimRelax = (any positive value)
 in "data", namelist PARM03
b) if using pkg/exf ALLOW_CLIMSST_RELAXATION:
  climsstTauRelax = (any positive value)
 in "data.exf", namelist EXF_NML_02
even if these values are not used.
Otherwise, it looks like no surface relaxation will be applied
(can check the value of "doSaltClimRelax" which is printed in
the "Model configuration" summary, in STDOUT file).

And the same applies to lambdaThetaFile with
tauThetaClimRelax (not exf) or climsssTauRelax (with exf) setting.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel