[MITgcm-support] LES and SMAG_3D?

Mehmet Ilicak milicak at rsmas.miami.edu
Mon Nov 24 16:49:58 EST 2014

Hi Judy,

I think one is still far away from "almost" DNS using those numbers.
I started to implement a quick way of 3D LES to tracer equations
assuming turbulent Prandtl number is constant,
so one can use Smagorinsky eddy viscosity to eddy diffusivity, but
please let me know if you beat me to it.

Best,
Mehmet

MI