[MITgcm-support] LES and SMAG_3D?

Dustin Carroll dcarroll at uoregon.edu
Fri Nov 21 19:00:44 EST 2014

Hi Jody,

I’ve just started to experiment with it. Not a lot of documentation, I think Jean-Michel helped Louis-Philippe Nadeau get this implemented.

L.P recommended trying

viscAh=2.E-3,
viscAz=2.E-3,
smag3D_coeff = 0.01,

for 1-m resolution

Also, there is an example under
verification/tutorial_deep_convection/input.smag3d/

I’m sure Jean-Michel will have more to say about it, I’ll let you know how my results turn out.

Cheers,
Dustin