[MITgcm-support] THSIce noisy/unphysical output

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Sun Nov 16 10:00:20 EST 2014

Hi Patrick,

The defaults in pkg/cheapaml fit a basin-scale / global-scale domain
using Lat-Lon grid.

I would recommand to try to specify  all the cheapaml input files
(so that you don't rely on any default)
like in this examples:
 MITgcm_contrib/verification_other/offline_cheapaml/input/data.cheapaml
Note that you probably want to set (like in the example above):
 useDLongWave=.TRUE.,
otherwise the long-wave is not right for a cartesian grid.
And I am not sure if, for seaice forcing, you can run without:
 useFreshWaterFlux=.TRUE.,

There is also a setup using seaice dynamics:
 MITgcm_contrib/verification_other/offline_cheapaml/input.dyn/

Cheers,
Jean-Michel