[MITgcm-support] THSIce noisy/unphysical output

Chris Horvat horvat at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 14 10:40:45 EST 2014

Just to keep this going, this is similar to a problem I had earlier this
year. All of the tiles in the simulation were the same even without any
packages turned on.

That link can be found here:
http://dev.mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2014-March/009002.html which
suggests some help.

I was able to solve the problem by changing FFOPTIM in build-options to O0
from O4 or some such thing, which slows down the gcm execution time
significantly, but not terribly. After speaking with Patrick I was unable
to replicate the error... which is fortunate and unfortunate in different
ways. Perhaps just re-making the GCM may help.

Since I had this problem, too, I figured we could look try to resolve what
the underlying issue is!

Chris