[MITgcm-support] Missing input/forcing files for regional Arctic 36 km config

Dustin Carroll dcarroll at uoregon.edu
Fri May 30 11:31:09 EDT 2014

Hi Per,

You can use pickup files to restart a run,

In your data file you can set set pChkptFreq to output pickup files at a desired time interval, (pChkptFreq=86400 would output daily files).

Then set pickupSuff = the desired chkpt file (i.e., pickupSuff='0000000000’) to start the run at that checkpoint.

These are both set in the &PARM03 section.

I tend to use the diagnostics package to create netCDF output data. You can easily output time averages of Theta,S,U,V, and eta with this package.

Cheers,
Dustin