[MITgcm-support] Problems

Michael Schaferkotter schaferk at bellsouth.net
Sat May 17 18:40:21 EDT 2014

For density in output files

1) In ./code sub directory you might have to modify DIAGNOSTICS_SIZE.h, depending on size of domain and how much data you write out.

2) in ./run sub directory

 a) data.pkg

  useDiagnostics=.TRUE.

  b) data.diagnostics

   &diagnostics_list

   frequency(k)=-3600.,                          (For hourly dump)
   timePhase(k)=0.,
   fields(1,k)='RHOAnoma',
    filename(k)='Rhoanoma',

Where k is the kth variable in the list.

  For combining data into single files,

In ./run/data

 globalFiles=.FALSE.
 useSingleCpuIO=.TRUE.

Also you/ll need to properly configure the mnc package similarly to the diagnostics package and compile with compiler compatible netCDF libraries.

Sent from an iOS device.