[MITgcm-support] "too much qnet and qsw into the ocean cause theta higher than in the real ocean ?? "

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Tue May 6 10:30:23 EDT 2014

I don't know details of your setup, but if you don't want to have to adjust your boundary conditions, you would have to start from an already adjusted set-up, e.g., ecco_v4, described here: http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/gael/verification/

If you want to use your own set-up, then you will probably need to adjust boundary conditions and model parameters, e.g., as described here: http://ecco2.org/manuscripts/2005/green.pdf