No subject

Fri Mar 14 13:14:20 EDT 2014

represent some (regional?) topography, likely with smaller distance
between grid points in the vertical and horizontal. That advcvl_wvel_max
is above one means that you have vertical velocities that are larger
than deltaZ/deltaT at some point. So that means you have to reduce deltaT.
Cheers, Christoph

On 8/10/14 11:00 AM, liutongya13 at mails.ucas.ac.cn wrote:
> Hi MITgcm,
> I am a freshman using the MITgcm to simulate the regional ocean
> circulation. I changed the exp4 to do my own experiments, with he real
> topography, mean temperature and salinity of every level being used.
> But I got an error like this:
>
> SOLUTION IS HEADING OUT OF BOUNDS: tMin,tMax= -8.809E+02  1.107E+03
>   exceeds allowed range (monSolutionMaxRange=  1.000E+03)
> MON_SOLUTION: STOPPING CALCULATION at Iter=        19
> S/R ALL_PROC_DIE: ending the run
> STOP ABNORMAL END: S/R MON_SOLUTION, stops due to EXTREME Pot.Temp
>
> advcfl_W_hf_max and advcfl_wvel_max are above 1.0, how can i make
> these reduce to the reasonable value except reducing the time step?
> Are there some problems on my OBCS or temperature?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> lty

Christoph Voelker
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research
Am Handelshafen 12
27570 Bremerhaven, Germany
e: Christoph.Voelker at awi.de
t: +49 471 4831 1848

--------------010105020807000602030606

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      unfortunately, I think that the one answer that you anticipated
      and wanted to exclude is the only remedy: you have to reduce the
      timestep. <br>
      From your question it becomes clear that you changed the grid to
      represent some (regional?) topography, likely with smaller
      distance between grid points in the vertical and horizontal. That
      advcvl_wvel_max is above one means that you have vertical
      velocities that are larger than deltaZ/deltaT at some point. So
      that means you have to reduce deltaT.&nbsp; <br>
      Cheers, Christoph<br>
      On 8/10/14 11:00 AM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:liutongya13 at mails.ucas.ac.cn">liutongya13 at mails.ucas.ac.cn</a> wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:a6dabe.8aad.147bf258bc7.Coremail.liutongya13 at mails.ucas.ac.cn"
      type="cite">
        charset=ISO-8859-1">
      Hi MITgcm,<br>
      I am a freshman using the MITgcm to simulate the regional ocean
      circulation. I changed the exp4 to do my own experiments, with he
      real topography, mean temperature and salinity of every level
      being used. But I got an error like this:<br>
      SOLUTION IS HEADING OUT OF BOUNDS: tMin,tMax= -8.809E+02&nbsp;
      1.107E+03<br>
      &nbsp; exceeds allowed range (monSolutionMaxRange=&nbsp; 1.000E+03)<br>
      MON_SOLUTION: STOPPING CALCULATION at Iter=&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 19<br>
      S/R ALL_PROC_DIE: ending the run<br>
      STOP ABNORMAL END: S/R MON_SOLUTION, stops due to EXTREME Pot.Temp<br>
      advcfl_W_hf_max and advcfl_wvel_max are above 1.0, how can i make
      these reduce to the reasonable value except reducing the time
      step? Are there some problems on my OBCS or temperature?<br>
      Thank you very much.<br>
      lty<br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
MITgcm-support mailing list
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:MITgcm-support at mitgcm.org">MITgcm-support at mitgcm.org</a>
</pre>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Christoph Voelker
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research
Am Handelshafen 12
27570 Bremerhaven, Germany
e: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Christoph.Voelker at awi.de">Christoph.Voelker at awi.de</a>
t: +49 471 4831 1848</pre>