[MITgcm-support] Independent Tiling

Chris Horvat horvat at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 20 15:26:37 EDT 2014

After several hours with Jean-Michel yesterday, the problem is still there!

We did find, however, that this issue is not with the exchange, boundaries,
or forcing files, as tracers are moved between tiles down-channel.

The system seems to always want to set up a standing wave of wavenumber k =
Npx: this has happened for 4-7 zonal tiles (all that I've tried) and
completely drowns out any other signal. Attached is a figure of one of
these modes for 6 processors.

With just 1 processor, of course, there is no mode like this and things
look normal. Perhaps this is a known numerical issue? The problem presents
itself with only the gfd package on. Hoping someone has some advice.

Still stumped,

Chris

---
Christopher Horvat -- www.chrv.at <http://www.chrv.at/blog.html>