[MITgcm-support] Independent Tiling

Chris Horvat horvat at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 17 12:07:10 EDT 2014

Hi Jody and Martin,

I was hoping that you would both be right but I am in fact compiling with
mpi turned on. STDOUT reports

nTiles =    1 ; /* Total no. tiles per process ( = nSx*nSy ) */

(PID.TID 0000.0001)   nProcs =   12 ; /* Total no. processes ( = nPx*nPy )
*/

(PID.TID 0000.0001) nThreads =    1 ; /* Total no. threads per process ( =
nTx*nTy ) */

(PID.TID 0000.0001) usingMPI =    T ; /* Flag used to control whether MPI
is in use */

and a few lines later...

======= Starting MPI parallel Run =========

I've attached STDOUT.0000 to this email. I'm also submitting jobs with

mpirun -np 12 ../build/mitgcmuv > xx 2>errors.txt

Any thoughts?