[MITgcm-support] issue using mdsioLocalDir with control package

Daniel Goldberg dngoldberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 04:55:29 EDT 2014

Hi there

I was wondering if the mdsioLocalDir parameter has been used extensively,
particularly when using the control and cost packages in a multiproc
environment.

I have done this and run into problems -- from what I can tell this
parameter causes directories mdsioLocalDirXXXX to be created, where XXXX is
the processor rank. This leads to an error though, because
MDSREADFIELD_3D_GL (which needs to read maskCtrlC) seems to expect all
files to be in a single directory. Is this a bug or have I configured
incorrectly?

Thanks very much
Dan

--