[MITgcm-support] rbcs advice

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Tue Mar 4 22:48:36 EST 2014

Hi again,

OK, to answer my own question, no, there is no equivalent of rbcsForcingOffset for obcs.

Can I suggest in obcs_fields_load.F there be an offset variable, and that this be added to OBCS_PARAMS.h and obcs_readparms.F?

      CALL GET_PERIODIC_INTERVAL(
     O                  iRecP, iRec0, iRec1, bWght, aWght,
     I                  externForcingCycle, externForcingPeriod,
     I                  deltaTclock, myTime-obcsForcingOffset, myThid )

If you want to use a snapshot, then, it is just a matter of setting

obcsForcingOffset=-externForcingPeriod/2

Or, one could imagine this being called "externForcingOffset" and being used in "external_fields_load.F" as well....

Cheers,   Jody