[MITgcm-support] rbcs advice

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 12:06:20 EST 2014

Hi Jody, I think yes.  What grid spacing are you running your regional domain?
And what resolution (space and time) is your open boundary conditions?

Michael Schodlok has a lot of experience going from
CS510 (18 km) to 1 km domains, then adding tides,
and possibly obcs sponge to get rid of some edge artifacts.

But with sufficiently high-resolution (in time) obcs,
I am guessing that you will not need sponging at all.
At least that's the theory.
Chris Hill was experimenting with "replaying" bits
of the 1/48th using obcs.  I don't know how far he got.

Let me know if you want to access the 1/48th output
and we can figure out best way to proceed.

Cheers, Dimitris