[MITgcm-support] gluemnc

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Jun 20 04:00:03 EDT 2014

Hi John,

as far as I remember, netcdf3 only allows file sizes of up to 2GB, and you error messages basically tell the same story.

If your nco can already do netcdf4, then you’ll probably have to go through gluemnc and add the appropriate options (—64 or —4) when files are combined, as suggested by your error messages. It’s probably enough to do it for occurences of “ncrcat” and “ncks”

Alternatively you could try to use the python script utils/python/MITgcmutils/scripts/gluemncbig
that is usually much faster, but to be honest, I don’t know about file sizes (ie. netcdf4 support). Maybe Oliver can say something about that?

Martin