[MITgcm-support] mitgcm crashing immediately

Neil Patel nigellius at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 13:22:31 EDT 2014

I'm using a setup that previously ran without issues, only things I've changed are the input files in data (bathyFile, hydrogThetaFile, hydrogSaltFile, diffKrFile  ) and the input files in data.exf. But I'm getting this error:

> /opt/sgi/mpt/mpt-2.06/bin/mpirun -np 30 ../build/mitgcmuv
ABNORMAL END: S/R CALC_R_STAR
ABNORMAL END: S/R CALC_R_STAR
ABNORMAL END: S/R CALC_R_STAR

S/R CALC_R_STAR (I think) has to with a time step error. But I didn't change viscosity and time step from a previous run that didn't crash. Also a bit puzzled why there are only three ABNORMAL END statements when I did a thirty processor run. STDERR doesn't contain anything useful, only a few warning messages related to the sea ice package. STDOUT shows nothing unusual, except that it never goes past the first time step. It prints the model current state for time_tsnumber = 0, then nothing. The exf parameters are the last thing printed in the STDOUT file.

I'm not sure where to start to look for the error. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Neil