[MITgcm-support] OBCS Error with 36km Arctic config

Manfredi Manizza mmanizza at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 17 11:53:38 EDT 2014

Hi Zang and Alessandro,

a possible strategy I adopted in the past with the 18-km Arctic set-up
is to read the file with MATLAB or an any other similar software, then
generate the files for the same period again repeated at least twice so
that you can extend your simulation for a longer period.  You can also
average values for the same period 1991-2002 in a climatological years
and then repeat that climatological file of physical properties for N times
when N is the numbers of years you want to simulate. N*12 should be the
time dimension if you use monthly values.

As far as I know the effect of boundary conditions should not be that
crucial to affect the physical solutions
inside the Arctic domain.

Cheers
Manfredi