[MITgcm-support] Namelist Error with RBCS and multiple tracers

Hauke Blanken, Mr hauke.blanken at mail.mcgill.ca
Sun Jun 15 21:08:34 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

I’m currently modelling a problem with 11 sources of passive tracer in my domain and am running into a namelist error (exit code 19), which I think is quite likely an easy fix, however I haven’t been able to solve it, being quite new to MITgcm.

I’ve compiled the code for 11 tracers and 13 mask files and am using the RBCS package to restore the tracer field to it’s original value at each time step. I tested this setup using only one tracer and it worked fine. To add the remaining tracers I re-compiled, changing PTRACERS_num to 11 in PTRACERS_SIZE.h and maskLEN to 13 in RBCS.h, and modified the data.ptracers and data.rbcs files to add links to the appropriate tracer, mask and relaxation files. I’ve attached my data.ptracers, data.rbcs, error log and a sample STDOUT file (STDERR is empty). The error log and STDOUT seem to indicate that the error is in data.rbcs, though STDOUT terminates on data.rbcs on some time steps and data.ptracers on others. If anyone has insight on what might be happening here it would be hugely appreciated. And if there is other info that would be helpful in diagnosing the problem I’m more than happy to provide it.

Thanks in advance,
Hauke

Hauke Blanken
M.Eng. (Thesis) Candidate
Department of Civil Engineering and Applied Mechanics
McGill University
Phone: 778-871-3431