[MITgcm-support] Pre- processing Input data to MITGCM grid

Anuradha Modi anuradha at ncmrwf.gov.in
Thu Jun 5 03:26:16 EDT 2014

Dear MIT Users,
I am new to MIT model. Model installed successfully.
Now want to run the model for ocean simulation
I having few questions regarding preparation of input data
To prepare the input data, I have seen some matlab codes are given.
But I dont have a matlab software ( as it is not free to download)
Is there any other way to prepare the input files into MITGCM grid using
Grads or Fortran (which I am currently using for my research work).

Also I have some input files in verification/exp2/input/
salt.bin, SSS.bin, SST.bin etc
want to know the format of this input files to plot in Grads.
Needs some information like starting latitude grid point, longitude grid
point etc, to create .ctl file to plot in grads.

Kindly Help..

Thanks in Advance
Anuradha

Email secured by Check Point