[MITgcm-support] Any tutorials on the MITgcm adjoint model

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 29 15:41:27 EDT 2014

Hi Xiangming,

could you take a look in
verification/OpenAD/build/Makefile

in roughly line 10 of that Makefile it says something like:
# OPTFILE=“ . . . “

Would be good to know what that OPTFILE is.
I have the suspicion that you are not using gfortran, since in the error message it says:
f951: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-unused-dummy-argument”

Alternatively, it must be an old gfortran/gcc version, preceding 4.6
(with Red Hat it preceeds 03/2012?)
that does not support this compiler argument
(and you can in fact try to remove it to check).

Some comments are provided in the generic optfile for gfortran, see
tools/build_options/linux_amd64_gfortran

Best would be to update your system a bit before proceeding.

Cheers
p.