[MITgcm-support] seance leakage at the cpu domain boundaries

Georgy Manucharyan gmanucharyan at whoi.edu
Mon Jul 21 15:36:53 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I’m starting to work with the SEAICE package with the MITgcm_c64x. In the spin-down problem that I simulate I see the melting of ice at the boundaries of the computational domains assigned to each CPU. See a snapshot of the sea-ice area here: https://www.whoi.edu/fileserver.do?id=189124&pt=2&p=197829; in the lover half of the domain there are clear ’scars’ present in the sea-ice area which are collocated with the cpu-domain boundaries in the x-direction (surprisingly there are many more of this scars in the y-directions). I’m using 6x4 cpus with 100x100 grid boxes in each. Initial conditions were created and saved as in the gendata.m file provided with the code. I also tried different overlaps 4,5 — the issue is still there. The files used to generate an executable are here http://www.whoi.edu/fileserver.do?id=189144&pt=2&p=197829.

I’d appreciate if someone from the developers team could take a look at this.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Georgy