[MITgcm-support] rbcs diagnostics

Christopher L. P. Wolfe christopher.wolfe at stonybrook.edu
Fri Jul 11 11:54:31 EDT 2014

Renske,

RBCS doesn’t have diagnostic output by default. Since the relaxation terms are linear in both the relaxation target and the dynamical variable, you can easily construct the appropriate term from other diagnostic output. For debug purposes, it can be nice to have direct diagnostics output to check that the relaxation terms are what you think they are. I’ve attached to modified files from the RBCS package that create diagnostics for the temperature and salinity tendency due to RBCS. They’re based on checkpoint64d, but you can easily copy them over to whatever checkpoint you’re using.

Cheers,
Christopher