[MITgcm-support] Doubts to compilation and running the model MITgcm

C0388991 (Paulo Ricardo) C0388991 at vale.com
Tue Jul 1 09:02:40 EDT 2014

Hi,

My name is Paulo, i'm from Brazil and i'm a systems analyst of a Institute of Research (ITV). We have one researcher trying to use this model, and i don't found a list of softwares to compile this, do you have a list? I'm using the compiler "ifort" with openMPI, and i installed "netcdf" in our Cluster. I guess that i get it right way. I'm attaching the files that i'm using. I'm trying compile the "/verification/cpl_aim+ocn/".

I'm using that steps:

editing my output file = ../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_gfortran-luis2 (in attachments).

compilation: ./run_cpl_test 1 -of ../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_gfortran-luis2

and running: cd /build_cpl
                     ./mitgcmuv

And i have the error: ./mitgcmuv: error while loading shared libraries: libifport.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've tried to put the export the library: LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.1.117/compiler/lib/intel64
                                                          export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and when i run again, show a new error: ./mitgcmuv: symbol lookup error: ./mitgcmuv: undefined symbol: mpi_init_ (in attachments)

How could you help me? Where i'm wrong?

At.,

Paulo Ricardo
Instituto Tecnológico Vale / Vale Institue of Technology
Desenvolvimento Sustentável / Sustainable Development
Tecnologia da Informação / Information Technology
Boa Ventura da Silva, 955  - Nazaré 66055-090 Belém PA Brazil
Tel: 55 (91) 3213 5430 Carrier: 865 5430 / (91) 9234 3845
c0388991 at vale.com (Paulo Ricardo)
AVISO LEGAL "As informações existentes nesta mensagem e nos arquivos anexados são para uso restrito. A utilização, divulgação, cópia ou distribuição dessa mensagem por qualquer pessoa diferente do destinatário é proibida. Se essa mensagem foi recebida por engano, favor excluí-la e informar ao remetente pelo endereço eletrônico acima." *******************************************************************DISCLAIMER "This email and its attachments may contain privileged and/or confidential information. Use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of this message."