[MITgcm-support] error with exf "use u, v_wind components but not wind-stress statement executed "

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Jan 7 10:12:41 EST 2014

Hi Lizhi Yuan,

The model stop because od inconsistent parameter setting in data.exf
(the error message is not very explicit, but we are working presently
to improve this aspect).

In your case, you have "useAtmWind=.TRUE." (this is likely set
this way because of #define ALLOW_ATM_WIND in EXF_OPTIONS.h,
and would have been reported to STDOUT if the model did not
stop earlier), which implies (from EXF_PARAM.h):
C     useAtmWind         :: use wind vector (uwind/vwind) to compute the wind stress (ustress/vstress)

So, if you want to read-in and use wind-stress files as model momentum
surface forcing, you will need to set, in data.exf:
 useAtmWind=.FALSE.,

Cheers,
Jean-Michel