[MITgcm-support] Tidal simulation using ETA as boundary condition

Menemenlis, Dimitris (3248) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 3 10:36:16 EST 2014

Peng, I am no expert but I don't think that boundary elevation will have much impact.
Small elevation inside your domain probably means that your boundary currents
are too small  (or that your model parameters, e.g., time stepping scheme
doesn't allow the current perturbation to propagate correctly).
You may find helpful Xiaochun Wang's notes here:
http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/tides/
They are supposed to describe steps for forcing regional MITgcm
domains with tides.  If notes are not complete or not clear, feedback
on improving would be most welcome.

Cheers

Dimitris Menemenlis