[MITgcm-support] rbcs and obcs

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Fri Feb 14 16:39:41 EST 2014

Hi Dustin,

No I've not done this before.  Looking at the code, it looks like it should work, i.e. it just modifies gU and gV.  It does this in EXTERNAL_FORCING so if thats not working then wind stress etc won't work too well either ;-)

There are #ifndef DISABLE_RBCS_MOM pre-processor statements in the rbcs_add_tendency.  So if #define DISABLE_RBCS_MOM is set in RBCS_OPTIONS.h, you will have problems.   You could check your rbcs_add_tendency.f to see if the gU code is in there?

Cheers,  Jody