[MITgcm-support] CS64 grid

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Feb 10 11:09:28 EST 2014

The time step should be OK for this configuration.

What about your forcing? Is it too cold? Not enough incoming radiation? What do expect when you apply your forcing?
How long do you need to integrate before this happen?

Ultrathick ice appears usually in “corners” or “embayments” that have little connection to the rest of the domain, geometrically or dynamically, so that ice get’s stuck and keeps growing. For these cases capping in a thermodynamically inconsistent way is a convenient way out (HEFF=MIN(HEFF,someMaxValue), but that’s not implementend anymore, is it?

Martin