[MITgcm-support] Negative concentrations in pTracer

Roland Young young at atm.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 29 09:02:43 EST 2014

Hi Jean-Michel,

1) do you get larger negative conc with 77 than with 33 ?

Not sure, I will check this when I’m back at work.

2) do you have non-uniform vertical resolution ? and if yes,
  what is the max or min ratio of delR(k)/delR(k+1) ?

I’m using the atmosphere model and am specifying both delR and delRc in data to get levels and faces approximately equally spaced in log p. Generally the ratio between level thicknesses is about the same, except right at the top and bottom. Here is output from delR(1:Nr-1) / delR(2:Nr):

       1.2651035 [delR(1) = 377140.00]
       1.2767078
       1.2738278
       1.2589197