[MITgcm-support] Continuous decrease of sea surface height in model results

Peng Zhan peng.zhan at kaust.edu.sa
Sun Aug 31 13:32:06 EDT 2014

Hi Xiangming,
It is probably due to the obcs condition, which is not balanced.
It would be good to try the balance package and check if this issue goes
away.
Best, Peng

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Xiangming Zeng <xzeng2 at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I got into a wield problem. My model results show continuous decrease of
> sea surface height (SSH) as the time goes on. The low SSH starts from the
> shallow water area, and gradually to the deep ocean. There are also similar
> problem with the surface temperature and salinity. The first 30days mean
> results (u,v,T,S at surface, and the SSH) are attached.
>
> I'm a new user of MITgcm. Could anybody take a look at my configuration
> files as attached please? Really appreciate it.
>
> Cheers,
> Xiangming

Peng ZHAN

PhD Student
Earth Science & Engineering (ErSE)
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
Bldg 1, Lv 4, 4700 KAUST, Thuwal 23955-6900, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Mobile: +966 544701621
Email: *peng.zhan at kaust.edu.sa <peng.zhan at kaust.edu.sa>*

--

this email.