[MITgcm-support] rbcs diagnostics

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Sat Aug 30 18:37:13 EDT 2014

Hi Renske,

I forgot to mention that, few days after you sent this message,
3-D diagnostics have been added (on Jul 19) for Temperature and
Salinity forcing terms.
They include RBCS relaxation terms but also, at the surface,
the surface forcing term (that one can substract to to get the RBCS
contribution alone).

Available in code checkpoint65a and newer:
gT_Forc | 15 |       |SMR     MR|degC/s          |Potential Temp. forcing tendency
gS_Forc | 15 |       |SMR     MR|psu/s           |Salinity forcing tendency

And also a similar diagnostics exist for (ForcTr01, 02 ...) pTracers.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel